Change an Account

Changing Signers of Unincorporated Associations

If your unincorporated association (e.g., sports team, church group, Parent Advisory Council) needs to change Signing Officers on an existing account, we will require the following:

  1. A list of signers. (new and remaining)

  2. Signed Meeting Minutes authorizing the requested changes to the signer authority of the SASCU account. (sample: Meeting Minutes Template)

  3. Personal information and identification of any new signers who are not already SASCU members. (form: Personal Information Record)

  4. Declaration in Beneficial Ownership of the association.
    Although unusual for an unincorporated association, federal regulations* require formal declaration that no individual has significant ownership. This can be part of your meeting and corresponding minutes (e.g., "We certify that no individual(s) directly or indirectly own(s) or control(s) 25% or more of the organization."). If ownership does exist, complete the Beneficial Ownership Declaration form.

Once this information is gathered, please set an appointment with a SASCU Advisor to complete the required documents and help find the most efficient way to obtain the necessary signatures.
*This is a compliance requirement legislated under the federal government's Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA).

Business Tools

Contact SASCU:
Contact SASCU by phone   250.832.8011