Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
A Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) allows you, your family, or friend to save for a child's post-secondary education.
With increasing costs of higher education, investing in an RESP will give you and your family more financial freedom when making the choices that will affect your child's future. Start today to grow the education fund by making affordable, convenient monthly deposits.
Planning today for tomorrow is the smart way to realize your family’s education goals.
- The Government of Canada offers the Canada Education Savings Grant and the Canada Learning Bond as additional funding
- Income earned within the plan is tax-sheltered until withdrawn
- An RESP provides long-term planning for a beneficiary to attend a post-secondary institution
- Contributions belong to the subscriber and can be withdrawn without consequence once the beneficiary is eligible to receive Educational Assistance Payments
Note that to apply, the child needs to already have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). Visit Service Canada for details or click here.
Ask us about current RESP contribution limits.
British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant
The British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG) is a $1,200 grant that needs to be applied for after the child’s sixth birthday and before their ninth. The first day to apply for the new grant was August 15, 2015.
- $1,200 one-time grant
- Child must be born on or after January 1, 2006
- Child must have an RESP prior to grant application
- Allows for grant sharing among siblings.
Contact us for details.
Get started today!