We take concerns seriously at SASCU and finding solutions will ultimately improve our service to all our members. You can connect in person, by email or over the phone. Our staff will work with you to try to resolve your complaint in a fair and consistent manner.
We’re committed to responding to you within three business days with the following information:
- Acknowledgement that we have received your submission
- Where possible, an immediate resolve to your concern
- If further action is required, an outline of how it is being handled and when you can expect to hear from us.
If the matter may take a little longer to resolve, we will keep you informed throughout the process.
To make the process easier for you, we have outlined the following steps to ensure a satisfactory resolution. Step 1
Please have all the necessary information so we can address your matter as quickly as possible. You will need the following details:
- Your membership number and the account this involved
- Location and date(s) of occurrence
- Supporting documents, if any
- The name(s) of staff involved
- Your preferred method of reply: mail, email or phone (if phone, when is the best time to call)
Please contact your branch manager or the SASCU Contact Centre at 250.832.8011 to express your concern. Our staff will do their best to help as quickly as they can. Step 3
If the Contact Centre or the branch manager was unable to provide a resolution, you may wish to escalate your concern to our member relations team at email@example.com
. Step 4
Contacting the external complaint body.
You may contact the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI) if:
Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments 401 Bay Street, Suite 1505 PO Box 5, Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4 firstname.lastname@example.org www.obsi.ca Toll-free: 1.888.451.4519
- You are not satisfied with the final decision from the SASCU Complaint Resolution Office. Please keep in mind that the OBSI requires you to submit your complaint within 180 days after receipt of the final decision from the Complaint Resolution Office.
- Your complaint has not been resolved within 60 days of SASCU receiving your complaint.