Communicable Disease Safety and Hygiene Protocols
As of August 21st, 2021:
- Masks are required to be worn in all branches per the Provincial Health Order.
See below for updated FAQ.
What staff are doing:
SASCU is committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff and our members.
Our janitors have been directed to enhance their cleaning measures including using long lasting supplies and wiping down high-touch areas. In order to further mitigate the risks of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases, staff are asked to follow the safety and hygiene protocols outlined below.
- Stay home if they feel sick
- Wash their hands before and after using the kitchen or washroom
- Avoid touching their face
- Cough or sneeze into their sleeve or use a tissue
- Periodically sanitize their workspace using the spray cleaner or wipes that have been provided
- Wipe down their personal items such as their keyboard, mouse, calculator, and phone (if applicable)
- Periodically wipe down shared surfaces such as file cabinet drawers, water cooler handles, debit card PIN pads, coin counters, ATMs, etc.
What Members and Visitors can do:
In accordance to the Provincial Health Order, we require members and visitors to wear their masks when visiting a branch.
If you're feeling ill, we ask you avoid coming in branch.
We offer members the option to call or video chat with their advisor if they want to avoid coming in branch. Some processes can be done remotely via electrionic signatures. Speak to an advisor >
There are many alternatives to in-branch banking that can be done from the comfort of your own home:
- Phone 250-832-8011 ─ our Contact Centre is open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Need assistance with your SASCU Mastercard? Call Collabria 1.855.341.4643 open 24/7 or visit sascu.mycardinfo.com
- Bank Online ─ most transactions can be done through online banking
- Download our SASCU app ─ available on Apple and Android devices. Great for depositing cheques!
- Have a non-urgent question? Send us a secure message
- Find an atm ─ avoid surcharges by going to ding-free.ca
- Set up CRA Direct Deposits: The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will deposit the refunds and payments you're eligible for in your account, including the Canada Emergency Repsonse Benefit (CERB) and Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB).
- Login to online banking, click 'Account Services' in the left menu and then 'Set Up CRA Direct Deposit for Individuals (CERB/CESB).
Your money is safe and your Credit Union is strong
At SASCU, depositors are 100% protected through the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of BC. Your deposits are safe. Rest assured, SASCU has plans in place for situations such as these to minimize risk and disruption, and to safeguard your assets.
SASCU will continue to provide you with the banking services you need and the expert financial advice you rely on.
Thank you for being a SASCU member.